Re: Widget synonym

Subject: Re: Widget synonym
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- STARBASECORP -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 1995 13:39:24 -0700

> -> >>My husband has used a synonym for gadget for many years. I'm not
> -> >>sure of the spelling, but the word is "dooflotchee."
> -> >
> -> >If it's the same one my wife uses, it's "DOO ma flah' chee" ...RM
> ->
> -> Also: doohickey, thingamabob, grapplegrommet, whatchamacallit,

> "Knobulator" is a good all-purpose descriptor...

For years I used the word "gazockstahagen". Picked it up
from Dick Clark, actually (yes, I'm *that* old!).

My neighbor, the ex-marine, uses "hoo-ya"

Sue Gallagher
sgallagher -at- starbasecorp -dot- com

Previous by Author: Re: What is CGM?
Next by Author: Re: Past Tents
Previous by Thread: Re: Widget synonym
Next by Thread: Re: Widget synonym

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads