Re: Oh, I get the pixel (picture+element)!

Subject: Re: Oh, I get the pixel (picture+element)!
From: Dan 'Fergus' Roberts <droberts -at- PANIX -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 1995 21:06:24 -0400

goodhue -at- smtpgate -dot- disclosure -dot- com wrote:

: Might I also suggest <chortle> that both of the words bit and pixel
: are portmanteau words? Like a portmanteau -- "a large leather
: suitcase that opens into two hinged compartments" -- a portmanteau
: word is "a word formed by merging the sounds and meanings [not
: specifically letters] of two different words."

: --S.

There *is* a word, rarely used* that describes what 'bit' and 'pixel' are.
I saw it many years ago, when I didnt really care to remember it. I do,
however, remember that it begins with an A <lots of help, that [g]>.

Oh well.
--
-----
Dan 'Fergus' Roberts