Re: Detail(ed) design

Subject: Re: Detail(ed) design
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 1995 08:50:10 MST

> Q. (Jan Summers):
> A few of my authors are disagreeing on whether to say "detail design" or
> "detailed design." Before working at this company, all the authors I
worked
> with called it a "detailed design."

> A. (Mark Levinson):
> Right. Detailed design. I've seen & heard the phrase many times.
> Obviously the double d has got elided in speech. The folks at your
> new company must be eating a lot of peanut butter.

Just to back up Mark a little and to provide a written source of
proof, DOD Standard 2167A calls it "detailed design," as does
the new Military Standard 498 (MIL-STD-498).

Document titles:
DOD-STD-2167A Defense System Software Development
MIL-STD-498 Software Development and Documentation

=*= Beverly Parks =*= bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= "Unless otherwise stated, all comments are my own. =*=
=*= I am not representing my employer in any way." =*=