Re: Detail(ed) design

Subject: Re: Detail(ed) design
From: Mark Levinson <mark -at- SD -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 1995 15:02:45 IDT

Q (Jan Summers):
A few of my authors are disagreeing on whether to say "detail design" or
"detailed design." Before working at this company, all the authors I worked
with called it a "detailed design."

A. Right. Detailed design. I've seen & heard the phrase many times.
Obviously the double d has got elided in speech. The folks at your
new company must be eating a lot of peanut butter.
mark -at- sd -dot- co -dot- il