Re: Acrobat and Word Users

Subject: Re: Acrobat and Word Users
From: Peter Howe <pjh -at- BRISTOL -dot- ST -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 1995 09:03:31 BST

I purchased a copy of Acrobat Pro 2.0 here in the UK and would
recommend it. There havn't been any problems with the quality
of converted documents. I would say however that any company worth
its salt ought to convert a test file before you bought the product.

Support here has been patchy. Sales support is poor. It seems to
depend on getting hold of the right person. I lost count of the
number of unanswered voice mails I left. It doesn't help that they
two or three different offices dealing with different functions. They
seemed to be phased by being asked for the Unix version of Pro
which, it turned out, doesn't exist!

Technical support is mixed. They helped when Windows installation
didn't work but couldn't offer assistance with making Distiller and
PC-NFS network software coexist.

Pete Howe
Technical Author