Re: TIEBREAKER NEEDED: What do you call this?

Subject: Re: TIEBREAKER NEEDED: What do you call this?
From: Dan Roberts <droberts -at- PANIX -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 1995 00:03:05 -0400

Nancy Hoft (itech -at- mv -dot- mv -dot- com) wrote:
: Well, thank you all for your responses. However, I'm now more confused.
: There are three predominant responses I got, and I don't know which one is
: correct: abbreviation, acronym, and contraction. For those who are late
: joining this discussion, I'm trying to find out what to call the word
: bit, which is "short for" binary digit. Any and all clarity here would
: be appreciated!

Write around it.
"A bit, or binary digit,is a blah blah blah <insert definition here>"

--
-----
Dan 'Fergus' Roberts