Exporting QXpress > WordPerfect

Subject: Exporting QXpress > WordPerfect
From: "J.C.J.A. Lenting" <alineanl -at- WORLDACCESS -dot- NL>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 1995 15:23:16 +0200

Is there anybody out there who can tell me whether it's possible to export a
text from the Mac Version of Xpress (3.3) so that all layout codes are saved
and I can translate the text in WordPerfect (or even WinWord). After
translation my client would have to import the text again in Xpress and only
minor changes to the layout would have to be made.

In a book on Xpress (Adison Wesley) I've read that an export format, called
'Xpress Tags', exists that should be plain ASCII with some layout codes
between brackets (e.g.: <*ra(02,1,"Red",100,18,18,25%> or
<@Lead=<*J*p(0,10,0,12,0,0G)*d(1,4)f"Cheltenham Book"j"blackz9.5s100h100p>)

Can anyone tell me if this is the way to do the job? If it is: how can my
client export his catalogue from his (German) Mac Version 3.3?

Does anyone know if there is a news group for Quark Xpress?

Thanks for your help

Hans Lenting
Technical Translator German > Dutch