Re: Word choice for scroll bar . . .

Subject: Re: Word choice for scroll bar . . .
From: Karen Mayer <Karen_Mayer -dot- TOUCH_TECHNOLOGY -at- NOTES -dot- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 1995 18:19:05 EDT

The little box/rectangle inside the scroll bar is called the "scroll
box." The arrows are the "scroll arrows." The three ways to scroll,
according to Microsoft, are:
- You can drag the scroll box to scroll to any position,
- You can click the scroll bar above or below the scroll box (or to the
right or left) to scroll one screen, or
- You can click and hold the mouse pointer on a scroll arrow to scroll

But I try to avoid having to explain all this. It's in the Windows User
Guide, so I refer the reader to that manual for instructions on scrolling
(or whatever) if they're that unfamiliar with the Windows interface. If I
didn't, I could justify repeating about a third of the Windows user guide
just to explain how to use *my* Windows application! In fact, in the
introduction section, I explicitly state that the manual assumes a
working knowledge of the Windows user interface.

Good luck! Hope this helps.

-- km

Previous by Author: Re: flush right in MS-Word 6.0
Next by Author: Re: MS WORD MACRO
Previous by Thread: Re[2]: Word choice for scroll bar . . .
Next by Thread: Quality of Technical Communicators, "Degreed" or not

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads