Document Numbering

Subject: Document Numbering
From: Rikki Nyman <c1043 -at- AZFMS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 1995 08:34:22 -0700

Does anyone out there have any strong opinions about document numbering? I am
refering specifically to section numbering in design specification documents
put together by engineers. I have seventeen subsystems that I have set up as
1.0, 2.0, 3.0, etc. Does it work best to use indents for subsections as you go
into deeper levels? My lead engineer wants everything flush left and my
preferred method is indenting subsections. Is there a standard I should follow
or is it abitrary? Or should we lock ourselves in a dark room with knives and
see who comes out alive?!*

If the responses warrant it, I will summarize and post to the list in a week or
two.

Thanks!

Rikki