Re: Certification Panel

Subject: Re: Certification Panel
From: "Delaney, Misti" <ncr02!ncr02!mdelaney -at- UCS01 -dot- ATTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 1995 14:03:00 -0500

ARUGH!!! I'm unlikely to get to go to Seattle, and this is a hot topic for
me: my employer is really pushing certification, but the only things he can
think of as appropriate for writers is to become certified in the tools we
use, like Word...

will you please send me any information you get on the topic?

I can tell you why I *haven't* persued certification: the two tools I use
require a higher level of technical (i.e. programmer-level) information than
I have need for - or have time to acquire. (and I have two toddlers in
addition to a full time job: no time to persue any certifications!) I'd
love to pursue certification in the *skills* my profession requires, but I
don't know where to begin to look...

-becca