Re: Conversion: WP51 to Word 6

Subject: Re: Conversion: WP51 to Word 6
From: steve -at- WOLSELEY -dot- DEMON -dot- CO -dot- UK
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 1995 07:35:55 GMT

In <199506301345 -dot- JAA27707 -at- Vroomfondle -dot- M3iSystems -dot- QC -dot- CA>, "Sevigny, Josee"
<joseey -at- m3isystems -dot- qc -dot- ca> writes:
>>On Thu, 29 Jun 1995, marianne lambelet wrote:
>>
>>> Has anyone found a somewhat 'painless' way to convert documents from
>>> WordPerfect 5.1 to Word 6? Apparently, even though Word 6 claims to
>>> be able to convert WP 5.1 documents, there are still plenty of
>>> glitches. Also, some of our documents include complex WordPerfect
>>> tables.

>Just a suggestion, but why not design a WP macro to convert tables to text
>with TAB separators, and another one in Word to convert those back to tables?

I highly recommend a program called "Word for Word". It converts to and from
just about any WP program on the market.

Steve Read <steve -at- wolseley -dot- demon -dot- co -dot- uk> or <steve_read -at- uk -dot- ibm -dot- com>