Re: Multilingual User Guides

Subject: Re: Multilingual User Guides
From: Nancy Hayes <nancyh -at- PMAFIRE -dot- INEL -dot- GOV>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 1995 19:51:52 GMT

1. I think you're right. It isn't the rest of the world's fault that
the people in shipping can't use a barcoder.

2. The only multi-lingual booklet I've ever had was in about 16.67 cpi.
Since there weren't many directions, it was readable, but it was a little
annoying (mostly because of font size).

3. Is your product something where you can use the "comicbook" approach
and rely more heavily on graphics than on text. If you can use the
graphics, that might cut out the need for multi-lingual texts.

4. Does your company have an email address or could you set up a "home
page" so that people could get the help on-line? Enough people are
getting so they have access to Internet that this might be workable.

Just my .02 worth.

Nancy (nancyh -at- pmafire -dot- inel -dot- gov)