Re: Online Reviews

Subject: Re: Online Reviews
From: "Jim Snowden, Technical Writer" <writer -at- SAPPHIRE -dot- DEMON -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 1995 07:49:09 GMT

Hi Tommy,

Is the on-line Help a Windows Help file? If so, there is an annotation menu item
in the standard Windows help engine - select Edit / Annotate from the help menu
when displaying a topic. You can then write in a comment. A little paper clip
appears in the topic header to indicate it has annotations.

The annotations are written to a file <helpfile>.ann.

One drawback to this is that Windows automatically deletes the annotation file
whenever you issue a new version of the help file. Or maybe that is an
advantage?....

Another alternative is to use a product called Interactive Help, which lets you
add pop-up dialogs that you can type into to a Help file.

Jim

--
Jim Snowden