Re: Provocation? Damn straight.

Subject: Re: Provocation? Damn straight.
From: D Gardner <DGARDNER -at- UWOHALI -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 1995 16:24:35 CST

> Give Matt room to breathe. I've enjoyed all of his contributions to this
> list. Even if you disagree with his opinions or ideas, you have to admit
> that he writes extremely well. More example of good writing principles.

> If you are a little testy and just want to flame someone, flame me. I bet
> that I'm faster than anybody on this list at hitting the "D" key. If you
> don't believe me just load up your keyboard and meet me in the streets of
> Dodge City (in front of the saloon :)

I've been browsing thru this list for about a week now and NEVER have
I seen so many people jump on someone for a comment addressed to
someone else. If the person it was originally addressed to took
exception to the comment, then vent your opinions. Otherwise, why
are you all so quick to take offense at a comment not directed to
you? That maybe wasn't even meant offensively in the first place?
Are some of you looking that hard for POSSIBLY offensive comments to
make an issue about? Lighten up! Not every comment that isn't
straight as an arrow is meant offensively.