Re: why PC keeps coming up

Subject: Re: why PC keeps coming up
From: Lisa Pena <pena -at- MMSI -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 1995 08:47:42 MST

This morning I noticed that you wrote:

> Dear Soundy:
> I have noticed that whenever the PC issue comes up, you seem to
> be right smack in the middle of it. Could you be bringing it up
> repeatedly on purpose? Are you one of those types who likes to
> stir the pot? Professional victim perhaps? Prove me wrong.
> Stop spouting off about it. Fix your personal problems on your
> own time.

> To other members of the list. This guy is a baiter. For some
> deep psychological reason, he wants to make people, even
> unsuspecting technical writers, mad. Maybe if we stop
> responding, he'll take his ball and go home.

You're right about the fact that PC issues keep coming up, but I don't
think it's fair to say that the "Soundman" has been in the "middle of it...
bringing it up repeatedly..." The latest PC issue was brought up by a
woman (can't remember her name) that was offended by Geoff's (?) comment
about a wink, if I'm not mistaken. There have been other PC issues that
were raised (ie: someone made a comment about an analogy about a "sexy
woman" to which many of us, myself included, responded) but the Soundman
hasn't been the person responsable for raising the issues!

He has commented about it, like myself and many others, because many
of us are tired of hearing someone yell "harassment" over any little
comment. I have never been a victim of *true* (obviously a debatable
adjective) harassment but others who HAVE been victims are the first
to say "that's enough already!!"

I am as tired as you are of hearing about PC on this list but don't think
you should hold the "Soundman" solely responsible for it.

I am posting this to the list only because your accusations were posted
to the list... if you would like to discuss it further, please respond
to me privately.

Lisa Pena
pena -at- mmsi -dot- com