Re: Multi-lingual user guides

Subject: Re: Multi-lingual user guides
From: "Sevigny, Josee" <joseey -at- M3ISYSTEMS -dot- QC -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 1995 20:12:36 -0400

To whom Ed Hoornaert replied:
>Personally, I *like* multilingual manuals. Those booklets that come with
>classical music CDs, printed in English, French, German? Love 'em; I
>read the English and then see if I can get the gist of the other
>languages. Ink cartridges for my venerable HP Deskject (NB, from an
>American company); they throw in Japanese and Spanish, for added value.
>French on boxes of Canadian corn flakes? A veritable rosetta stone --
>for the price of a mere box of cereal.

I too prefer these multi-lingual guides. Mostly for the same reasons as Ed,
but also when I find I can't truly understand what was said unless I read
the English part. Of course, not all the stuff you buy comes from big
corporations with good translations. I'm sure it's not Motorola's case. ;-)

\\|//
(o o)
Josee Sevigny Technical Writer
joseey -at- m3isystems -dot- qc -dot- ca
M3i Systems Inc., Longueuil, QC