Re: What to call us

Subject: Re: What to call us
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 1995 07:09:41 MST

Laurie Rubin <lmr -at- SYL -dot- NJ -dot- NEC -dot- COM> wrote-->
: Not true that ALL engineers require licensing! My husband is
: an E.E. with 16 years experience, and has never had the need
: to be licensed to call himself an excellent electronics
: engineer (at least in NJ).

I agree with Laurie on this. During my first 10 years working
for the federal government (3 years in NJ, remainder in AZ) I
worked in organizations populated almost exclusively with
electronics engineers. They were all degreed but, to the best
of my knowledge, none were "licensed."

: By the way, certification has nothing to do with competency.
: It has to do with how well you can prepare and take a test!!
: Performance is the only true measurement for competency.

I also tend to agree with Laurie on this. OTOH, if *we* were the
ones certified, we might view certification a little
differently.

=*= Beverly Parks =*= bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= "Unless otherwise stated, all comments are my own. =*=
=*= I am not representing my employer in any way." =*=