Re: TIF conversion

Subject: Re: TIF conversion
From: Matt Ion <mion -at- DIRECT -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 1995 11:46:36 PDT

On Thu, 22 Jun 1995 13:20:57 -0400 you wrote:

>Do any of you know of any way I can
>convert these FAX TIF files to a form in which they can be imported into a
>word processing document for editing?

It depends on what platform you're using, for one thing, as well as what fax
software you use. Most fax packages store native documents in a
quasi-proprietary TIF format that can't be used directly by other
applications.

On my system, I'd just have FaxWorks export them as bitmaps or PCX, then use
PMView to size and rotate them, if necessary.

Opinions expressed / ROCK-IT SCIENCE Mobile Audio and Security
do not necessarily /| ...the 1040 MIDI & Music BBS Technical Services
reflect those of any [ SOUNDMAN Internet mion -at- direct -dot- ca Fido 1:153/7106
marginally sane human \| WWW http://www.musicwest.com/1040bbs/
being anywhere. \ FAX: (604)253-8312 DATA: (604)732-4446