Re: SEUSS NEWBIE STIFLED! (This thread must die!)

Subject: Re: SEUSS NEWBIE STIFLED! (This thread must die!)
From: Matt Ion <mion -at- DIRECT -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 1995 11:42:29 PDT

On Fri, 23 Jun 1995 11:03:42 PDT you wrote:

>Newbie:
>Dang, Arlen! Lookit them all still flogging that
>old flame. Barely a glimmer left!

>(Newbie and Arlen gaze, bemused)

(Soundy is equally bemused at the number of responses to his "time of the
month" comment and wonders why people don't have anything better to do than
jump after every comment they perceive as non-PC... MUST we get into this
again???)

>Newbie:
>Well... I HOPE so, Arlen. A bandwidth is a terrible thing
>to waste. And ... if it does work, we can both cutnpaste it
>to kill all overlong threads.

Soundy:
Ah, poor newbie. You too will soon learn, the ONLY way to kill a thread is to
ignore it. As in Star Trek, the more power you put into your shields, the
more their harmonic resonance will amplify the incoming energy wave. Quietly
letting it pass is the only thing that works. People get tired of posting to
a thread if no-one answers.

Opinions expressed / ROCK-IT SCIENCE Mobile Audio and Security
do not necessarily /| ...the 1040 MIDI & Music BBS Technical Services
reflect those of any [ SOUNDMAN Internet mion -at- direct -dot- ca Fido 1:153/7106
marginally sane human \| WWW http://www.musicwest.com/1040bbs/
being anywhere. \ FAX: (604)253-8312 DATA: (604)732-4446