NON-DELIVERY of: Online documentation review tools

Subject: NON-DELIVERY of: Online documentation review tools
From: Lotus -dot- M -dot- a -dot- i -dot- l -dot- Exchange -at- TESSPO-VA -dot- SMTRW -dot- LANGATE -dot- SPRINT -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 1995 07:47:00 -0400

--Ijax9vVMOzGO21MXet9qEZBq1id9rA74

Delivery Failure Report

Your document:
Online documentation review tools
could not be delivered to:
Ronni Perry -at- CRWMS at DL-Notes -at- DL_CCMAIL
because:
MailEx0010: cc:Mail user name too long.
Routing path:
DLLN2,DLLN2,DLLN2,DLLN2

________________________

--Ijax9vVMOzGO21MXet9qEZBq1id9rA74

RFC-822-Headers:
Comments: To: TECHWR-L -at- VM1 -dot- UCC -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU

--Ijax9vVMOzGO21MXet9qEZBq1id9rA74

I am using FrameMaker 4 on Windows to develop my documentation. Our office
recently installed Lotus Notes. I was hoping that Notes would provide a
method of conducting documentation reviews online, but as far as I can
tell, it does not provide exactly what I need.

Here's what I am looking for:

A way to put my document on the network server in "protected" mode, so its
contents cannot be altered. I then want to allow developers to access the
document and add technical review comments directly into the document in or
near the paragraph on which they are commenting.

I would like multiple reviewers to be able to enter their comments at the
same time, then merge all of the comments into one document, and be able to
print the document with the comments included.

I have already considered using conditional text, but this is not really an
option, as I don't want the developers to have to deal with making sure
that they have set their comments to the "Comment" condition, etc...

Another solution I am considering is exporting my document to Word 6 when
my doc is ready for distribution, and using Word's Annotation tool which
enables me to distribute the document using e-mail. - But what a pain.

Anyway, I am wondering if anyone out there has dealt with this one before.
Any input would be helpful.

Thanks,

Donna Tellam - Technical Writer
dtellam -at- evolving -dot- com