Re. Interleaf difficult?

Subject: Re. Interleaf difficult?
From: Geoff Hart <geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 1995 13:59:31 LCL

Robert Plamondon stated, and I agree, that Interleaf isn't that hard
to learn. I put together a 250-page compendium singlehanded after a
total of 12 hours of training with the product. The hardest thing was
learning to use the 2nd and 3rd mouse buttons and to think in terms of
hierarchical styles... I came from a one-button background. On the
other hand, the software was a beast to master because of its depth,
and because I was running it under UNIX. Since the product's
functionality has grown enormously, I'd guess that it's even harder to
master today. I loved using the software, and would have bought a copy
for myself if the price hadn't been prohibitive. Of course, now that
Interleaf costs the same as PageMaker...

--Geoff Hart #8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

Disclaimer: If I didn't commit it in print in one of
our reports, it don't represent FERIC's opinion.