Re: Beige Box

Subject: Re: Beige Box
From: Karen Mayer <Karen_Mayer -dot- TOUCH_TECHNOLOGY -at- NOTES -dot- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 1995 14:16:53 EDT

The question of what to call the "beige box" intrigued me, so I did a
survey here at work (I work for a company that develops software). The
answers I got varied depending on the technical background of the
respondent. Engineers tended to call it a "chassis" or use a variation of
chassis, such as PC Chassis and Computer Chassis. Administrators tended
to call it the Box or the PC (one even called it the CPU).

Personally, I like "PC chassis" -- that way I can distinguish it from the
empty "case" and still keep it separate from the keyboard, monitor and
mouse.