Re: Are You Converting Publications to Web Pages for a BIG Site?

Subject: Re: Are You Converting Publications to Web Pages for a BIG Site?
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 1995 07:49:11 -0500

>Is anyone else working for a company that is putting their entire catalog
>of public and private documents into a Web-accessible format? What sort
>of a process have you developed to cope with the volume of the start-up
>conversions?
>See http://www.intel.com and it's related pages for the starting effort,
>and remember that there is as much information inside the firewall as
>outside.

Our client wants several documents converted to HTML to be distributed
on the company side of the firewall. The project is just starting.
The downside is that they want the info "dumped"--not properly
chunked and linked.

I would also like those who are converting manuals and other docs
to HTML to contribute to the thread.

LaVonna

LaVonna F. Funkhouser Immediate Past President, OK Chapter
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com Program Manager, 1995 Region 5 Conf.
technical writer Society for Technical Communication
COREStaff Communication Svcs.

My opinions do not officially represent anyone other than me.