WWW job sites -- perused last night -- MA happening for TW's!

Subject: WWW job sites -- perused last night -- MA happening for TW's!
From: Richard Lippincott <rlippinc -at- BEV -dot- ETN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 1995 08:47:01 EDT

>No offense intended to Massacheussetians (sp?), but I'm trying to figure
>out what attracts high-tech industry to this particular state.

No offense taken, and I don't know what attracts them to Rt. 128 either.
But the fact is, Boston rates with Silicon Valley and Washington DC as
one of the three best places to find a tech writing job. The Sunday Boston
Globe typically has 8-10 ads calling for tech writers, that's more than
I've seen in comparable (or larger) cities.

Oh yeah, and according to the STC salary survey last year, the jobs here pay
more than the national average.

It could be the snowball effect you cited, it could be the proximity to MIT.
It probably is a combination, with other factors we have not thought of.

But whatever it is, it's true.

Rick Lippincott
Eaton Semiconductor (for just two more days)
Beverly, MA
rlippinc -at- bev -dot- etn -dot- com