NEW GRADUATE PROGRAMS IN TECHNICAL COMMUNICATION

Subject: NEW GRADUATE PROGRAMS IN TECHNICAL COMMUNICATION
From: Peter Hager <FAC_PHAGER -at- VAX1 -dot- ACS -dot- JMU -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 1995 10:16:27 -0500

Department of English
James Madison University
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
(703) 568-6202

Dear Technical Communication Professional:

Our department is proposing a new series of graduate programs in technical,
scientific, and professional communication. To determine the demand for
such programs among industry, business, and government professionals who
might be interested in either completing studies toward M.A., M.S., or Ph.D.
degrees or hiring graduates of such programs, we are conducting a needs
assessment survey of technical communication professionals in the field.

The survey takes about 10 minutes to complete. Your input would be very
valuable to us in designing the proposed programs. Would you be interested
in completing the survey? If so, simply e-mail me at fac_phager -at- jmu -dot- edu
and I will send you a copy of the survey.

I will post the results of the survey sometime in late June. I hope that
you will join us in developing these new programs. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Peter J. Hager, Acting Head