Re: html editors

Subject: Re: html editors
From: Matt Ion <mion -at- DIRECT -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 25 May 1995 19:50:31 EDT

On Thu, 25 May 1995 14:31:39 -0700 you wrote:

>I am looking for:
> 1.a freeware PC version of an HTML editor
> 2. a freeware program that converts non-GIF
> graphics to GIFs

You didn't specify which PC environment you wanted - I have a several of each
for OS/2. One, SphyDir, comes bundled with an IBM "EWS" (employee-written
software) utility to do graphic file conversions.

SphyDir is particularly interesting because it allows full page construction
without the user needing to know a word of HTML, and when a file is saved, it
not only goes to disk as an HTML file, but as a raw IPF file, to be compiled
to .INF/.HLP format.

More info at http://pclt.cis.yale.edu/pclt/sphydir/sphydir.htm

If you don't use OS/2 now, this alone might be a good reason to check it out.

Opinions expressed / ROCK-IT SCIENCE Mobile Audio and Security
do not necessarily /| ...the 1040 MIDI & Music BBS Technical Services
reflect those of any [ SOUNDMAN Internet mion -at- direct -dot- ca Fido 1:153/7106
marginally sane human \| WWW http://www.musicwest.com/1040bbs/
being anywhere. \ FAX: (604)253-8312 DATA: (604)732-4446