Re: Book: The FrameMaker Handbook

Subject: Re: Book: The FrameMaker Handbook
From: Peter Crimmin <peter -at- VIS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 May 1995 12:11:15 -0400

Dave L. Meek (dave -at- disc-synergy -dot- com) and others asked about
a book for learning to use to FrameMaker:

The Frame Handbook: Building FrameMaker Documents That Work
Linda Branagan & Michael Sierra
O'Reilly & Associates, Inc. (1994, 1st edition, 506 pp.)
ISBN: 1-56592-009-0

Some comments about this book, which I have read cover-to-cover:

* Generally a good book. Often more clear than Using FrameMaker.

* Many proof editing errors. Mis-labeled figures, missing figures.

* Some areas receive superficial treatment.

From inside sources, I gather that there were delays when writing the
book. The original author was not the final author. It's not the most
stellar of O'Reilly books.

The book is useful to new Frame users, and it has a few good tips
for experienced Frame users. But, it could have been better.

--
Peter

* "Beware the Tides of Marsh" Ancient Alligator Proverb *
* *
* Peter Crimmin | Vicorp Interactive Systems, Inc. *
* Tel: (617) 859-1287 | 399 Boylston Street *
* Fax: (617) 536-6647 | Boston, MA 02116 *
* Email: pcrimmin -at- vis -dot- com | *
* | *