Word, Snails and Thankyous

Subject: Word, Snails and Thankyous
From: Peter Boothby <pwboo -at- BOB -dot- KNOWARE -dot- NL>
Date: Mon, 22 May 1995 01:09:58 -0600

Dear All,
I would like to thank all of you who sent messages of
condolences, support and tips to me in response to my plight with
Word 6.0. I was overwhelmed by the response - it was great to hear
your experiences and suggestions, and I can now face Word without
wondering if I am doing something wrong!

In the future, I will look into Framemaker. Meanwhile I'll take the
following course of action:

- divide the chapters up into files
- compile the toc and index with RD fields (thanks Sue)
- size the TIFF images outside of Word
- link the TIFFs (rather than embedding)
- put in the cross references by hand
- try converting to GIF from TIFF to save space
- steer well clear of master documents!

Once again, a big thank you to all. Sorry I couldn't write to you
all personally.

All the best,

Pete
Pete Boothby