Re: Greetings and Hallucinations, all!

Subject: Re: Greetings and Hallucinations, all!
From: "Cepek, Marta" <marta -at- M3ISYSTEMS -dot- QC -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 17 May 1995 22:06:40 -0400

Matt Ion <mion -at- direct -dot- ca> said:

>Meanwhile, I think I'll just sit back here and lurk a bit. I caught Bonni's
>shpiel on grammar and spell checkers and find I have to agree... my
>spellchecker earns most of its keep catching boo-boos like "teh" and other
>results of having fingers faster than my brain... I think I'm gonna like it
>here. :-)

If you're using Word, AutoCorrect should already be set correct "teh" to
"the" as soon as you hit the spacebar, that is, unless you've turned
autocorrect off. I use autocorrect to automatically fix a whole slew of
*very* common typos I know I make on a regular basis (eg: "filed" to
"field", which the spell-checker *won't* catch, etc.). I never worry about
them any more. Gives the spell-checker less to catch, too!

Cheers!
Marta