What are we in French?

Subject: What are we in French?
From: Melissa Hunter-Kilmer <mhunterk -at- BNA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 17 May 1995 08:52:50 EST

My family and I will be in France this summer -- I'm so excited! -- and
I'd like to be able to tell people we meet what I do. So what's
"technical writer" in French? Or should I just say that I'm a writer of
software manuals? In that case, what's "software" in French? Not to
mention "computer" . . . I know, not everybody writes software manuals,
but I do. My respects to those tech writers who don't. Please feel free
to ask for the words that matter to you.

Oh, and we may be popping into Germany briefly, so if anybody knows what
the aforementioned words are in German, please post that, too.

Merci beaucoup! Vielen Dank! Thanks very much!

//\ /\\ * Melissa Hunter-Kilmer (mhunterk -at- bna -dot- com) *
|| * \ . . / * || * http://metro.turnpike.net/P/phantom/index.html *
\\____\X/____// * Bureau of National Affairs (NOT the government!) *
/ * /O\ * \ * Washington, DC *

BNA and I have a deal -- I don't speak for the company, and
it doesn't speak for me.