Re: How do you say "tech writer" in Spanish?

Subject: Re: How do you say "tech writer" in Spanish?
From: "Matthew B. Hicks" <matt -at- UNIDATA -dot- UCAR -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 15 May 1995 16:51:57 -0600

On Mon, 15 May 1995, Arthur Comings wrote:

> I'm headed down to the highlands of central Mexico for a week. Just in
> case I have to pull out all the stops and impress some tough federal
> cop in mirrored sunglasses, how do you say "technical writer" in
> Mexican Spanish?

> "Escritor technico" is my best guess, but that's just the result of
> putting together two words from my Spanish dictionary; I thought there
> might be a colloquial phrase or a more accurate rendition.

Perhaps, "escritor de sujetos technicos," a writer of (on) technical
subjects? That's what my 3 years of college spanish makes me think it
would be.

Matt Hicks, Tech. Writer, Unidata * I may not agree with what you
Boulder, CO, (303)497-8676, ******* say, but I'll defend to the
matt -at- unidata -dot- ucar -dot- edu ************* death my right to mock you.

Previous by Author: Interesting notes re the World Wide Web (longish)
Next by Author: Re: FrameMaker Question
Previous by Thread: How do you say "tech writer" in Spanish?
Next by Thread: Comma, Uncle Ralph, and Milspecs

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads