Re: Looking for Encyclopedia of Writing

Subject: Re: Looking for Encyclopedia of Writing
From: Niki Leboeuf <vortexae -at- U -dot- WASHINGTON -dot- EDU>
Date: Sat, 13 May 1995 15:13:26 -0700

The textbook my beginning short story class is using, _The Story And Its
Writer: An Introduction to Short Fiction_ by Ann Charters, seems to be a
mini-version of what you're looking for, I think. The first section is an
anthology of authors and stories, with a corresponding selection of
essays in the second section with advice, speculation,
how-the-story-was-written, etc.

Not an encyclopedia, but interesting in a limited but similar way.

--Niki

vortexae -at- u -dot- washington -dot- edu / host machine "saul"
It may be PC or it may not be;
I do it 'cause it makes SENSE to me.