Re: Starvation wages

Subject: Re: Starvation wages
From: Arthur Comings <atc -at- CORTE-MADERA -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 12 May 1995 09:25:11 PDT

> This is a 6 month + extensions contract. The pay is not great. It is
> $12.50 for a jr. tech writer and $15.60 for a sr. writer (over 3 years
> experience). However, it does offer a nice learning opportunity and
> there are 3 positions available ASAP.

> For more information, please call Doug Orchard, a recruiter with Toner
> Corporation at (800) 500-5339 ext. 202, FAX (916) 649-0352 or email
> orchard -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com -dot-

Now, Doug, I know you may not have suggested those starvation wages,
but you can't expect them to buy you much quality.

I'm afraid you just may get what you paid for here. Looking on the
bright side, though, this may provide a "nice learning opportunity" for
your company as well.

Arthur Comings

GeoQuest
Corte Madera, California
atc -at- corte-madera -dot- geoquest -dot- slb -dot- com