Re: Manual evaluation cards

Subject: Re: Manual evaluation cards
From: Cindy Ireland <CINDY -at- GATEWAY -dot- ASI -dot- AUSTIN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 11 May 1995 08:43:31 CST

We, as 'technical writers', can not hope to please all the users of
our writing. The documentation is either too technical, not
technical enough, too many graphics, not enough graphics, written on
too high of an educational level or too low of level.

I can take constructive comments to improve the contents of the
manuals I write, but the vague and critical comments from *some*
users are not helpful in any manner.

The users of the manuals I write are very vocal. We obtain informal
"evaluations" from the users periodically throughout the year to use
towards making improvements, revisions, changes, etc. A formal
evaluation would not make sense to our company at this point. I hope
they don't institute one while I am still writing the technical
manuals.
Cindy J. Ireland Director of Client Services
Academic Software, Inc. (512) 918-8101 (voice)
P.O. Box 201958 (512) 918-8118 (fax)
Austin, TX 78720-1958 cindy -at- asi -dot- austin -dot- com
techsupport -at- asi -dot- austin -dot- com
Disclaimer: My opinions are my own.