Re. virgules

Subject: Re. virgules
From: Geoff Hart <geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 10 May 1995 14:28:31 LCL

I've never heard the forward slash (/) called a virgule... generally,
this is called a "solidus". A virgule, at least in these French
locales, is a comma (although Webster's does say a "virgule" is a
diagonal, hence, a slash... hmmm...). All else being equal, I prefer a
"forward slash". (Does this make \ an "elugriv"?)

--Geoff Hart #8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

Disclaimer: These comments are my own and don't represent the opinions
of the Forest Engineering Research Institute of Canada.