Typeover or Insert Mode

Subject: Typeover or Insert Mode
From: Barry West <Barry_West -dot- S2K -at- S2KEXT -dot- S2K -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 May 1995 08:57:33 EDT

>I am writing a book on 'Writing with Computers' and I wonder
>if anybody has experience of using Typeover [or Insert] mode.

I'm not sure I understand the question, but off the top of my head, I would say
that if you are using most any word processor, YOU have experience with
'typeover' and 'insert' mode, since you have to be in either one or the other.
Are you asking us which we prefer or when is it beneficial to use one or the
other?

Barry_West.S2K @ s2kext.s2k.com @ INTERNET