Re: Re. Quark vs. PageMaker

Subject: Re: Re. Quark vs. PageMaker
From: Daniel John Brinegar <6545 -at- EF -dot- GC -dot- MARICOPA -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 4 May 1995 11:03:57 -0700

Hi, Gang;

In the Quark Vs. PageMaker debate; my roomate/bestest-good-friend (now a
publications designer, graphic artist, software instructor) commented when
she was first learning these packages that

o Quark runs more like an artist thinks, while

o PageMaker runs like a computer operator thinks...

She's produced several magazines in Quark XPress, and uses it more than
any other package... (she teaches both packages, tho <smile>)

As she's been trying to figure out FrameMaker lately, she's commented that
FM does everything she thinks Pagemaker tries to do, but better <blush>
for large complex documents (concerning page layour and organization, not
hypertext).

For an example of what Quark XPress does in regular, large-document
production, take a look at magazines like Car Craft or Hot Rod (last I
knew they were still done in Quark on Macs).

<smile>

Yerhonner, this is all merely hear-say, and I bring it to the court's
attention only as an example.....

Regards, Dan'l

| Dan BRINEGAR http://www.primenet.com/~benu |
| Glendale Community College Electronic Forum |
| 6545 -at- ef -dot- gc -dot- maricopa -dot- edu |
| CARA Corp Consultant Information Developer |
| Motorola SPS Network Support & Development |
| Phx STC Report Competition Manager, |
| Central Az Regional Science and Engineering Fair |
| Coming in March to ASU Activity Center! |