Re: Is _____ a word?

Subject: Re: Is _____ a word?
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 1 May 1995 20:17:20 PDT

Gail Hodgson says,

>One of my pet peeves is new words invented by sticking an "able" or
>"ability" on the end of perfectly good words...

>P.S. I don't think cacheable is a word. (I don't think cachable is either.)

Debatable. Our language is malleable. I think that it's insupportable
that all modern -able coinages are insufferable. In any age, contemporaries
found lamentable newly-minted usages that proved indispensible.

-- Robert
--
Robert Plamondon * Writer * robert -at- plamondon -dot- com * (408) 321-8771
4271 North First Street, #106 * San Jose * California * 95134-1215