PowerPoint to .GIF

Subject: PowerPoint to .GIF
From: Paul MacGyver Carman <paul -dot- carman -at- HARRIS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 1 May 1995 15:37:38 -0400

Greetings all!

Special thanks to Michael Cargal for helping me get the
PowerPoint graphics into .GIF format (with tools I had in-house).

* I captured my screen with the Print Screen key, pasted the
image into an LView window, and then saved the image out
as a .GIF file (which I then converted into a format my
UNIX application could import).

Thanks to Harvey Millman, Arlen Walker, and Faith Weber for their
HiJaack suggestions.

I've put in a purchase order for HiJaack Pro, and I'll let you
know how that works.

** One limitation I encountered with my application deals with
non-vectorized graphics (bitmapped images). When I scale the
UNIX application with the bitmap, the image gets very "blocky."

I've heard that HiJaack Pro provides some vector graphic
drawing tools, so I'll see how that works. Apparently,
vectorized graphics scale nicely; non-vectorized
graphics (bitmaps) do not.

Thanks again to all who responded!

-MacGyver

= Paul MacGyver Carman * =
= Harris Corporate HQ * Choose to chance the rapids, =
= (407) 724-3205 * and dare to dance the tide... =
= (407) 724-3627 (fax) * =
= Paul -dot- Carman -at- harris -dot- com * - Garth Brooks =