April meeting announcement for the SGML Forum of NY

Subject: April meeting announcement for the SGML Forum of NY
From: Chet Ensign <Chet_Ensign%LDS -at- NOTES -dot- WORLDCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 1995 10:23:49 EDT

The SGML Forum of New York invites you to attend

Web-ster's Multimedia

Date: Thursday, April 27th, 1995

Place: McGraw-Hill, Inc.
2nd Floor Conference Center
1221 Avenue of the Americas
(lobby entrance off 49th Street)

Agenda: 5:30 Registration and Opening Remarks
5:45 Keynote Speaker: Jim Jurista
Logical Design Solutions
7:00 Vendor Demonstration: David Harkness
Novell/WordPerfect

Interested in knowing how to deliver different media types using HTML and the
World Wide Web? At our April meeting, Jim Jurista of Logical Design Solutions
will show techniques for using HTML and today's browsers to go beyond the
simple display of text and graphics. Jim has worked on several multimedia and
interactive Web projects over the past few years and he'll give you chapter
and verse on what he's learned.

For our vendor demo, David Harkness will show us WordPerfect 6.1's new SGML
capabilities. Some of you will remember David from early '94 when he demo'ed
Intellitag, WP's SGML add-on. David said then that the SGML capabilities of
Intellitag would be incorporated directly into WordPerfect's next major
release. Well, that 'then' is 'now.' Come see the results.

Upcoming Programs:

In May, Tom Gerhart of Standard & Poor's will talk about the impact cultural
and social issues can have on SGML systems. Tom was a key player in a large
SGML project at S&P, and he has a lot of experience to offer you on how to
best introduce the technology to the people who have to use it every day.

And in June, SGML Open and the Forum will co-host an all day
"SGML: Open for Business" seminar. Think of it as a mini-SGML conference. The
event will feature dual management/technical tracks and a vendor showcase.
Stay tuned for details.

About the Forum

The SGML Forum of New York is a nonprofit organization devoted to the exchange
of ideas and information about SGML. Organized primarily as a user group, the
Forum seeks to promote an understanding of the scope and benefits of the SGML
standard and to further its practical application within a variety of
industries, including publishing, financial services, insurance,
pharmaceuticals, and telecommunications.

Reply by fax to (718) 357-8776.

"Web-ster's Multimedia " Thursday, April 27th, 1995

___ Yes, I will attend.

___ No, I cannot attend but please keep me on your mailing list.

Telephone: ( )