Re: PC Publishing Tool

Subject: Re: PC Publishing Tool
From: John San Filippo <johnsf -at- CTS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 1995 04:55:30 -0700

>I'm currently doing work for a client who's wanting to design
>marketing materials (brochures, flyers, etc.) on a PC-based
>machine. We've been using Word 6.0 for text-based information,
>but now it appears we'll be needed a publishing package of
>some kind so we can combine text and (more sophisticated)
>graphics.

>We may also want something with hooks into MS products so we could
>do mail merges, if need be, with Access or another MS tool.

>Any suggestions on which publishing package is the best? PageMaker?
>FrameMaker? MS Publisher? Other ideas?

Frame is a long document tool, not really the best choice for marketing
pieces. MS Publisher doesn't have all the tools of a more sophisticated
(and pricier) package. I use PageMaker for this sort of thing.

John San Filippo

Internet: johnsf -at- cts -dot- com
CompuServe: 75237,3605
AOL/eWorld: JohnSanF

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money."
- Samuel Johnson, ibid., April 5, 1776