Third Party Manuals

Subject: Third Party Manuals
From: Bob Handlin 1331 <BHandlin -at- CHIPCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 1995 10:58:00 PDT

Where I work, we often buy site licenses for software, then skip the
exorbitant cost companies charge for a doc set by buying a box of third
party books.

Also, in the writer's defense, writers who work at the companies that
produce the software are forced to be comprehensive, while third party
writers can pick and choose which features to document.

Finally, I think that a very large percentage of these third party books are
bought by people who pirate software.

Later,

Bob Handlin
bhandlin -at- chipcom -dot- com