Re: Word 6.0 vs. Frame 5.0

Subject: Re: Word 6.0 vs. Frame 5.0
From: Garret Romaine <GRomaine -at- MSMAIL -dot- RADISYS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 1995 08:47:00 PDT

I'm inclined to believe Frame is the way
>to go, if for no other reason, it's the direction the industry seems to be
>heading.

Not quite. In the Jan/Feb issue of Region 7's Willamette Gallery, Regina
Gilbert published an excellent summary of employment opportunities in this
area. According to Regina, 17% of all employers are looking for Word
experience. Exactly half -- 8.5% -- are looking for Framemaker experience.
As one of the posters here frequently reminds us: in God we trust -- all
others must provide data.

I've been using Word on my documents for two years, and I have to say, I
like it a lot. I came to it having used WordPerfect for six years, and I was
up and running on Word in an hour. It is not just an IBM Selectric with a
lot of font balls.

Garret Romaine
RadiSys Corp.
gromaine -at- radisys -dot- com