Re: Downstyle headings

Subject: Re: Downstyle headings
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 1995 21:38:47 PDT

Not following traditional guidelines in things like capitalization in
headings should be looked at as an intentional way of changing the
tone and look of a document. e. e. cummings got away with it, why
not you?

Getting rid of traditional capitalization will make your document look
less formal. If you do it wrong, it'll also look amateurish. My
first rule of style is, "If it looks like you did it on purpose, most
people will accept it without comment." (This is also the pitfall
of my habit of composing on advanced DTP packages -- even my roughest
draft looks far more finished than it really is.)

Try it, and see if its look-and-feel is what you're looking for.

-- Robert
--
Robert Plamondon * Writer * robert -at- plamondon -dot- com * (408) 321-8771
4271 North First Street, #106 * San Jose * California * 95134-1215