Education vs. Training

Subject: Education vs. Training
From: John Gear <catalyst -at- PACIFIER -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 1995 10:03:00 PDT

Paul Sholar posts this

>Consider these opinions:

>* We receive "training" to learn how to perform a job.

>* We receive "education" to learn how to learn.

The question is how do we "receive 'education'" then? If we need education
to "learn how to learn" then how do we learn when we are uneducated? Or is
obtaining education a task (for which we can be trained) and then let loose
to perform independently?

John Gear
catalyst -at- pacifier -dot- com

"In God we trust; all others must provide data" --- Arlen P. Walker
"Trust, but verify" --- Ronald W. Reagan