Re: Overheads

Subject: Re: Overheads
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 1995 16:41:00 -0600

2. An alternative: Inkjet printers are a better bet for overheads
because they're far less expensive and let you use color. (And I don't
believe that you need special "paper".)

Yes, you do. Ink-jet printers need transparencies which have tiny groves in them
to collect the ink. Otherwise the ink just runs off the film. Also, some ink-jet
printed transparencies tend to fade rapidly over time.

Thermal-wax printers have a tendency to flake over time, and are darker than
ink-jet printed transparencies. (The wax is denser than the ink, so absorbs more
light.)

Dye-sublimation printers (at least the one we have) print lighter than ink-jet
and look a little washed-out.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 124