Re: Bad News for Macs

Subject: Re: Bad News for Macs
From: Suzanne Lee <suzanne -at- AUTOSIM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 1995 14:12:10 -0600

Kelly wrote:

>Text item: Text_1

> I got this information from the latest "Edupage". Bad news for

> APPLE, IBM HEADING FOR A FALL?
> An unpublished Dataquest report predicts that Apple Computer's
> Macintosh and IBM's OS/2 operating systems will be broadsided by
> Microsoft's Windows 95, and may never recover from the impact.
> According to the report, which has caused some internal dispute at
> Dataquest, IBM will discontinue OS/2 for PCs sometime next year, and
> Apple's share of the total operating-system market will drop to 5%
> over the next five years, a point at which software developers would
> cease producing compatible products. (Wall Street Journal 4/6/95 B7)

The article also mentioned that the report is unpublished, and that not
even everyone at Dataquest backed the report; many feel that macs will be
around for a long time. Dataquest's suggestion was that IBM and Apple go
in together on an operating system/hardware deal to combat the problem.
We'll see what happens.

from Suzanne Lee - suzanne -at- autosim -dot- com
AutoSimulations, Inc. - Bountiful, UT
(801)298-1398 ext 333 fax (801)298-8186