Re: Windows/Word question

Subject: Re: Windows/Word question
From: COMMS <debral -at- FALCON -dot- CC -dot- UKANS -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 1995 15:23:26 -0500

Jane,

Your main problem is that Word 6.0 is a resource hog. If you remember
the DOS days, you also remember being able to fit WordPerfect, 1-2-3, and
dBASE IV in the same space that Word 6.0 occupies, and have change left
over. Oh, the price we pay for our pretty pictures.

BTW -- If you still have Word 2.0 for Windows (I kept mine, and ditched
6.0) load it up and notice that (a.) it takes only 1/2 the hard drive
space that 6.0 requires, and (b.) it loads much faster, and runs with far
less disk access. But then again, you may want all those neat little
WIZARDS to help you with your daily routine. I sent mine back to Mr. Bill
at Microsoft. |-)

Bill