Windows/Word question

Subject: Windows/Word question
From: Jane Bergen <janeb -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 1995 20:27:58 -0700

I m trying to beef up my system and thought maybe we could start
a discussion:

Problem: When I open Windows, my system resources are at 80%
free. When I open Word 6.0c, the resources drop immediately to
62%. After I open a document and putz around a little, I m down to
46-49%. I d like to improve the resource drain.

My system: Dell 486DX2-66, 16 megs RAM, 350 meg HD,
Windows for Workgroups 3.11, PC Tools for Windows 3.0, DOS
6.2, video driver: VGA 800x600 16-colors.

Oh, and I use WOPR as a Word add-on, though it is recent and the
problem is not. I am connected to a network for printer sharing,
but I am running Word and everything else on my local hard drive.

I think that about a 10% hit on resources for Word would be
reasonable, but maybe I m asking too much??? I d like to know
what others think/do.

Thanks in advance.

Jane Bergen
janeb -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com