Re: Which do you think is best?

Subject: Re: Which do you think is best?
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 1995 07:17:36 PDT

>Would you on your job rather work on both hard copy and on-line
>documentation for an MIS group; documenting accounting, policies and
>procedures, manufacturing, etc.; and working for several groups.

>Or on your job, would you rather work with only hardcopy; documenting
>not-necessarily-state-of-the-art client/server architecture (but one that
>has broken some new ground in performance/price) and related hardware and
>software; and report to only one group?

I'll assume that, when you say "hardcopy," you're talking about the
final product -- not some antediluvian requirement that you do all
your work without a computer.

My answer: Who knows? None of the make-or-break issues are listed
in your question. Who's the manager? What are the so-called "smeeeees"
like? How much career growth do you get before you outstrip the
organizational structure? Which position is more important to the
company? Which position is more visible to the people who hand out
money? Which is more fun? Which is least boring? Which pays best?
Who has the best coffee?

-- Robert
--
Robert Plamondon * Writer * robert -at- plamondon -dot- com * (408) 321-8771
4271 North First Street, #106 * San Jose * California * 95134-1215